Wardrobe Consulting Logo

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Hair Issues and a Product I Swear By


Most of us have at least one issue with our hair, right? As we get older, just like our skin, our hair texture begins to change. It is almost like a rite of passage. Once we have given birth to our children certain things begin to move south. I don't need to spell out the particulars, but I expect you know what I mean. The texture of my hair has changed, and any good hair stylist can likely tell from your hair where you are in life. It's just the way it is. The changes to my hair can also come from all the dye chemicals, hair products, dryers, and flat irons I have used forever. I mean, I'm just saying I have been coloring my hair since I was 16. I expect many of you are cringing at this point, but if you lived through the Eighties, you probably got at least one perm, if not several, so you understand. I do cringe, every once in a while, but I am on the forever quest of trying to like my hair, so I will try anything. 

So as many of you know, I am now writing a column for Wake Living Magazine and I completed my article for the summer addition about shoes. While we were discussing the article, they mentioned a page that they were looking for items for, so I told the editor that I would assist in finding items that should be part of their Triangle Style page, too. The featured products are great items, either cutting edge products or unique items worth noting, that you should try at least once, if not outright purchase and add to your routine.
On one of my recent trips to Douglas Carroll Hair Salon, my stylist Michelle Tabbert told me about a new styling brush that has just recently come out. It is called the Bio:Ionic and although ion based products have been around for a while (think the ion diffuser that detoxifies the air around you), this one seems to work. Don't know how, don't know why, but the science speak the companies put out sounds like it should make sense.  

The science speak goes exactly like this:
Ions are atoms that have gained or lost an electron and bear a charge of energy. Positive ions have lost an electron and are considered unhealthy. They are found in dust, smoke and other toxic substances. Negative ions have gained an electron and greatly assist in a body's mood, energy level and overall health.

 
So basically, this product is going to re-balance the ions in your hair, by breaking down water and letting it penetrate the hair shaft. Sure. I've seen these things before, mostly on late night tv, and they all sell for $19.99, but for a limited time only and if you call right now, you can purchase two for $9.99 plus shipping and handling as their special offer to you. I was a little skeptical about what this was going to do for my hair, but I trust Michelle and was willing to give it a try. So very happy that I did...

Each kit comes with six rollers and a brush base. They give you six clips and a booklet to guide you towards whatever style you want to achieve with your hair. Pretty standard stuff for any hair care product. I should mention here that this is to be used with your hair dryer.

For my initial try, I chose the 5th Avenue Fashionista with Sexy Volume style. No surprises or laughter from the peanut gallery, please. I sectioned off my hair into six areas with the clips provided and started in the back by attaching a larger roller to the base brush. It snaps in easily and proceeded to blow dry my hair like I would normally do with my round brush. After a minute or two the roller turns from blue to white telling you it is done. I snapped off the base from the roller and let it continue to curl my hair as I went to the next section. After completing the six sections, I pull out the six rollers and then tilt my head over and shake out the curls. 

OMG, I am a believer! I have volume and bounce in my hair with no frizz or tangles. The product works! Half the time of my normal hair drying experience, which of course tends to leave me quite testy. I expect once you get over the sticker shock, you will appreciate the value of this product. It retails at $159.00. Just a little more than two for $9.99, right? If it will get me out of the bathroom ten minutes earlier I'm game, though! Check it out at Bioionic or on their FaceBook page. I'm sure they sell it on Amazon, and someone decided it wasn't for them and are selling it on eBay. Wherever you find it at the price you want, you should definitely add this to your collection of hair care tools.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn