Wardrobe Consulting Logo

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spring Sales Shopping!

Fill ‘er up! This is a great time to purchase some sale items or early spring hits to continue building your lifestyle wardrobe. I recently was checking out the company Madewell, who has been around since 1937 in Massachusetts, and they seem to carry some cool, well made basics. Madewell has a few stores sprinkled around the country, but like most stores these days, offers free shipping when your cart total reaches $100.

Check out what I have pulled together for my own lifestyle closet!

Dots and color blocking are making a big presence this spring, as it does so often. I found a really simple ink with red dot, slightly retro dress that is an easy lifestyle piece for me. Although it is not on sale, I can wear it with a white blouse, jackets and tights now, and in the spring I have a cropped white jacket that has a side tie closure I can wear with it. I'm actually thinking that I have a brighter red and navy thin silk scarf that would be fun, as well, to wear as a similarly patterned accessory.

I fell in love with this mulberry tickertape shift dress, with its’ loose fit, that was on sale. Often times I layer dresses with long sleeve fitted tees and tiered necklaces. Notice the cute pockets? Dresses like this either work or not, so if the pockets make you look wider in the hips, it's not for you, even if it does look cute on the hanger or website. I personally look for dresses for everyday wear that take me from day to evening, but mainly dresses that will easily take me into the next season in fabric. I prefer dresses that I can wear nine months out of the year. By the time June hits, I am looking for fabrics that are cool and wrinkle free. I call those dresses "throw and go” - I put them on and head out the door.

I also found a great retro inspired stretch jean on sale for $59.99. Jeans are hard to buy on the internet, but I especially like the front slit pockets and simple design, so I am going try them. I also appreciate the medium color wash. I see myself wearing this with my boyfriend style cardigans, fitted jackets, and a heel now. In the spring, I have several loose fitting tops that will work paired with a wedge sandal. When purchasing jeans, they need to be really versatile otherwise they aren’t a great lifestyle item to invest in. I do like to have a few different styles: one casual pair for running errands on weekends, one nice pair for going out, and lastly, a pair that might potentially be worn classically enough to go to work in.

Scouring the internet for potential fill in's and early spring items is always fun. I always try and make sure I buy items I can wear several ways for various occasions. A one occasion wear just doesn't fill up my closet much these days. Most every item I purchase now is multi-purpose and my challenge is to find it.

I would love to hear your tips on how you do that with your wardrobe!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn