Wardrobe Consulting Logo

Friday, August 5, 2011

Undergarments - Take Care of Them so They Keep Holding You Together

I recently ordered some new foundations from a wonderful online company called Linda the Bra Lady. I giggled because I have a bra fitter at Belk at Crabtree that I call Betty the Bra Lady. I have used Betty the Bra Lady personally and for clients for years. I checked out Linda the Bra Lady because I was looking for something specific for a client and could not find it locally.

The website, www.lindasOnline.com, is worth checking out not only for the vast amount of styles and cup sizes, but is also a great resource for bathing suits. If I had known about it a month ago I could have used it as a great resource for myself. I did a great disservice to myself by waiting until mid-July to look for another bathing suit top! Imagine the stylist shopping for herself last! But I digress…

After talking to a very knowledgeable salesperson (my new BFF), I was able to increase my bra fitting insight ten-fold. This company can fit women from sizes AA-N cups. Now that is amazing! Move over Betty, Linda has entered the building. The bottom line is if you have a specific need, it is worth checking out your options with Linda the Bra Lady.

In the meantime, here is some great bra care advice that I received from Linda!

Hand Washing Your Bras
  1. Fill a basin with lukewarm water.
  2. Add Silk and Lingerie Wash as specified on the container, and actually a mild liquid soap is just fine.
  3. Soak lingerie overnight, although a good 15 minutes is fine, too.
  4. Rinse thoroughly to remove excess soap.
  5. Pat the bras dry and reshape the cup with your hands. It is important to avoid ringing to prevent straps or cups from taking on a new life form.
  6. Always hang to dry and whatever you do-don't put them in the dryer!
Storing Your Molded Bras
  1. Stack your bras in your drawer.
  2. Never invert one cup into the other. Doing it will destroy the fibers in the molding, and make the cups bumpy and shorten the life of the bra. Really?? Hmm....
  3. When traveling, pack your molded cup bras last, stacking on of top of each other and stuff the cups with panties so that they hold their shape. Hmmm, I wonder if my grandmother ever did this? Everything in her suitcase was always covered with tissue paper!
I like this Linda's advice!

Happy washing and caring for your bras!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn