Wardrobe Consulting Logo

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Many thanks to The Limited!

So Charlotte Fashion Week was pretty darn terrific! If you have been following me on Twitter and Facebook, you have seen my various looks each night. I felt like a princess and loved having the opportunity to have my hair and make-up done to highlight my dress. When The Limited agreed to dress me for the event, I knew that what I chose would have to highlight each night’s events on the runway. The first night’s show, I wore the very streamlined and fitted raspberry and slate grey dress. It was rusched at the top in raspberry and fitted in the slate grey towards the bottom. Boy, was it fitted. Thank G-d for the old Spanx! The dress was perfect for an evening that highlighted local stores such as Saks OFF5th, Nitsa's Apparel, and Sada Fashions, to name a few. My hair was blown out, soft curls were put in, and a very smoky berry eye. I was perfectly dressed for the occasion. You know how easy it is to be over or underdressed!

The second evening I wore a one shoulder, aubergine dress with a twisted flower on the shoulder stopping right above my chest. I can't tell you how many people I interviewed who commented about how pretty the dress was. I was quick to mention to a designer that asked who I was wearing that it was from The Limited. The initial response was "shut up"! I laughed, realizing it was actually a compliment that many people are quick to judge a particular store by its’ history. I am going on the record to say, just as people change, stores grow and move towards what they want to be, frequently by adding an element to their strategy. The Limited has done that and I was feeling marvelous! I went with a soft eye, heavy eyeliner and a loose side bun. All I needed by the end of the night was a good foot rub from my husband. The dress, the hair and the make-up definitely held up longer that I did. The whole look once again complimented the designers, including Navy and Pearls, Tsvety Fashions, and sassy Mew Designs.

The last evening I chose a black v-neck lace neckline and softly tiered dress. The dress came with a fitted black belt with a black embellished center. Have to wear a LBD for the finale, right? I wore my hair in a high woven bun with soft green eye shadow. I loved the black tie dressier look and I was really happy with my lower heeled Stuart Weitzman pumps! The final show was highlighted by the couture designers, so it was only fitting I dress in black.

If you have to know which one was my favorite, I may be hard pressed to answer. Any or all three would be fabulous wardrobe builders! Lucky for the women that will get these donated fashions from The Limited!

Again, special thanks to The Limited. I had numerous compliments every night from both men and women about the dresses, which is a good sign, if a woman is willing to be that gracious. I always felt very chic and dressed to fit the evening. Everything I wore can be found online at http://www.thelimited.com/ on the wedding and events pages.

I will be happy to share about fit and fabric if anyone would like to know the specifics!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn